Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moving forward on the greenhouse

We put this first truss up last weekend; mostly to see how it was really going to look.  Jerry still needs it as a template for the other three so we had to take it down after the pics were taken.  I am finished with the five single pane windows that make up the front & back walls, but I am still working on the six pane windows that will be the walls.  It has been super slow as the weather and my health are not working together, (yep I'm sick yet again).
I can't believe How big it is and that Jerry has truly made my dream of having a greenhouse come true.  In fact last week I was able to find a door for the greenhouse for only $25.00 and he thought it was perfect as I did.  Can't wait for the weather to break so that I can get the door outside to clean it up and then start stripping the old paint so I can re-paint it...red, black, and off white.

The door still has it's original hardware; hinges, handle, and lock. I know once I'm able to really take it apart it is going to look great!

Even my two "little garden helpers" are ready for the greenhouse & warm weather. Summer here we come!

More on the greenhouse

This is the first truss of my greenhouse; the whole thing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big.  I have all the front and back wall windows complete but I have come to a stand still on the side wall windows (I'm sick yet AGAIN).  This has been a bad winter for me, sick most of Nov/Dec; January I started training fora half marathon and was injured by my dog (she tripped me), then I got sick again at the end of February.

Jerry is busy measuring, cutting, drilling, and connecting more pieces for more trusses as I sit here writing about it.  I love him so much for making my dream of a greenhouse come true.

Last week I was able to fine the most amazing door for the greenhouse for only $25.00.  I loved the doors she had so much I keep trying to think up ways to use more.  Jerry won't let me buy anymore as I am still at my "5 project" limit (something he thought up last summer- funny man).
All the original hardware was still with the door; knob, hinges, and lock. Can't wait for the weather to break so that I can get outside and get the dirt cleaned off so I can start striping the paint off to re-paint it! It will be red, black, and cream.

And these are my garden helpers! Summer here we come.