Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More on the greenhouse

This is the first truss of my greenhouse; the whole thing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big.  I have all the front and back wall windows complete but I have come to a stand still on the side wall windows (I'm sick yet AGAIN).  This has been a bad winter for me, sick most of Nov/Dec; January I started training fora half marathon and was injured by my dog (she tripped me), then I got sick again at the end of February.

Jerry is busy measuring, cutting, drilling, and connecting more pieces for more trusses as I sit here writing about it.  I love him so much for making my dream of a greenhouse come true.

Last week I was able to fine the most amazing door for the greenhouse for only $25.00.  I loved the doors she had so much I keep trying to think up ways to use more.  Jerry won't let me buy anymore as I am still at my "5 project" limit (something he thought up last summer- funny man).
All the original hardware was still with the door; knob, hinges, and lock. Can't wait for the weather to break so that I can get outside and get the dirt cleaned off so I can start striping the paint off to re-paint it! It will be red, black, and cream.

And these are my garden helpers! Summer here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment